Tuesday, February 11, 2014

WODSCALA!!!

I'm a 100% WODSCALA and I am 100% proud to be!!!!

Everyone has a goal of finally completing a WOD with the RX weight.  I have the same goal but know it is a process.  As a CrossFit gym co-owner, I feel the pressure to RX a WOD and it has weighed me down for a long time.  My husband is very good at CrossFit and I always feel like I should be right there with him because I own the gym with him.  It has taken me a while and many long talks with him to realize that he loves me regardless if I can RX WODs.  I always felt like I was not good enough in some way just because I am not a badass at CrossFit.  That has all changed!  I am proud to scale and you should be as well!!!  Be proud that you are getting up and moving rather than chilling on the couch all day!  Be proud that you are pushing yourself to be better everyday!  Be proud to know that the RX will come and you will have worked your ass off to earn it!



I see it all the time, people pushing themselves to RX a WOD just because they have too much pride.  The WOD that was programmed to be a quick 8 minute WOD then turns into a 25 minute WOD for them.  They completely loose the intensity that was programmed and their form is total shit resulting in not being able to WOD the next day because they hurt themselves.  When I tackle a WOD I may be able to RX it but I know that it will take me FOREVER and I will sacrifice form MAJORLY to lift the RX weight.  This is when people hurt themselves!  Stop being hard headed just to be able to put the RX next to your name.  CrossFit is a process.  It is about mechanics, consistency, and THEN intensity.  Basically, before you increase the weight you should perform the movement with PERFECT mechanics and do that consistently before increasing the intensity with weights.  Until then, get the intensity of the WOD by pushing  yourself to go as fast as you can with PERFECT mechanics. 

So, until you perfect your mechanics and can consistently perform the movement correctly be proud to be a WODSCALA!!!  The tank is from LifeAsRX, www.lifeasrx.com.  They have a bunch of fun apparel for men and women.  Check them out!

Mel

2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a Liebster Award :) GO DO ITTTTT!

    http://eatpraywod.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-thing-about-fat-and-some-as-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The liebster award? I have never heard about it but I'm blushing :)

    ReplyDelete